The Los Angeles County Perinatal and Early Childhood Home Visitation Consortium (LACPECHVC) was created in an effort to promote common performance measures across a variety of home visiting programs in a state or region. As part of the Pew Charitable Trusts’ Home Visiting Data for Performance Initiative, the Consortium’s Data Workgroup Participants have selected a set of outcome and process measures that were intended to:
- Be universally applicable across models and programs (with the expectation of prenatal vs. postnatal enrollment).
- Be achievable by the program rather than aspirational or heavily dependent on the performance of others.
- Resonate with policymakers and the engaged public.
- Reflect an important policy goal worthy of public investment.
- Capitalize on available state administrative data, thereby reducing the data collection burden on local programs.
The Consortium Members’ goals in collecting aggregate data were to:
- Identify commonality among programs (both outcome and process).
- Explain what home visiting does across the County.
- Identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
Additionally, members agreed to aggregate data at the “model” level, specifically for Los Angeles County, rather than at the organizational level as it is important to recognize that each home visiting program varies in approach, dosage, and program goals. Below is a list of home visiting models that provided data:
- Welcome Baby
- Healthy Families America
- Parents as Teachers
- Healthy Start
- Nurse Family Partnership
- Early Head Start (EHS Data is not representative to all EHS’s and specific to UCLA EHS.)
These data-driven home visiting documents (listed below), as presented by the Data Workgroup, provides benchmark data statistics that are most similar to LACPECHVC’s outcome and process measures. For each outcome and process measure, LACPECHVC’s Programmatic Data from the fiscal year of 2016-2017 is broken down by model and benchmark data is identified by its source and report name.
Benchmark Data resources can be found here:
- Using Data to Drive Performance: The Los Angeles County Home Visiting Indicators (general overview of selecting outcome measures)
- Benchmark Data Outcome Measures for FY 16-17 Report (full report)
- Benchmark Data Introduction (brief one page introduction of summary statistics)
- Benchmark Summary Statistics (summary of report findings)
If you have any questions about the data, looking for a specific report, or would like to join the Data Workgroup, please contact the Consortium Coordinator at LACPECHVC_Coordinator@labestbabies.org.
Last updated: March 18, 2019